The ArchiRès network
ArchiRès is a French Library of architecture schools comprising:
- 20 Higher National Schools of architecture from the Ministry of Culture and Communication (list in the Libraries section)
- The “École Spéciale d’Architecture”
- The Camondo School
- The Faculty of Architecture, Architectural Engineering and urban (UCL) – Site of Brussels
- The “Université Libre de Bruxelles” (ULB - Free University of Brussels) - Faculty of Architecture
- The Lebanese Academy of Fine Arts (ALBA)
- The “Cité de l’Architecture et du Patrimoine” (City of Architecture and Heritage)
The joint interest is to promote the exchange and dissemination of information, the development of documentary resources, the pooling of skills, the sharing of technological surveillance and the improvement of new services provided to users.
The operation of the network relies on the work of several commissions and its members are producing the database of ArchiRès portal.
The posting on the Internet in March 2014 of this first version of the ArchiRès portal with free access enables a much larger public consultation than its initial users, students and teachers in schools.
Network History: after the breaking up of the “École des Beaux- Arts” and the creation of Schools of architecture in 1968, each school started to implement a library with a team often reduced to one or two people. The collaboration between schools is rapidly needed. Schools carry out the shared evaluation and counting of the main magazines about architecture, urban planning and landscaping. Out of that work has come the network. A bibliographical database dedicated to magazine articles and student works has been searchable on the Internet since 2001.
Contact network : firstname.lastname@example.org